Travelbugs is a social learning network that allows students to investigate other countries and cultures and participate in collaborative activities with peers. The focus is on the countries of China, Indonesia, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, and Singapore.
Through virtual travel, students can experience a range of teaching and learning activities:
- Create an avatar for their passport
- Collect passport stamps as they complete activities in different countries
- Search all countries to access up to date data thought the CIA World FactBook
- Compare countries with Australia to consider commonalities and differences
- Explore the geography of a country through Google Maps
- Choose to write individual or collaborative articles with peers around themes of culture, diversity, values and beliefs
- Engage in learning games to reinforce new knowledge such as Mix and Match Images, Quiz, Lost Luggage and the Suitcase game
- Upload and collect photos for their virtual photo album
- Reflect on learning with the travel diary.